DOWNTOWN BURBANK is a Wi-Fi HOTSPOT
Access the internet for free on laptops, notebooks, smart phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs) or hand-held game devices in Downtown Burbank.
- Make sure your device is 802.11b or 802.11g compatible. (Please check with your re-seller or computer technician if you don’t know how to verify this.)
- Set your network interface to use DHCP IP addressing. (If you’re not sure how to do this, ask your computer technician.)
- Using your device's properties, "View available networks" to locate the Downtown-Burbank signal.
- Once your computer or smart phone detects the "Downtown-Burbank" wireless network, highlight it and click "Connect". (Windows XP users will have to check the "Allow me to connect to an insecure network" checkbox in order to connect.)
- When you have successfully connected to the "Downtown-Burbank" wireless network, open your web browser.
- You will be prompted with a "Security Alert" that asks if you want to proceed. Click "Yes" to proceed.
- You will then be redirected to the Downtown Burbank Wireless Gateway. Enter your E-mail address and click the check box agreeing to the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Click "Log In". You will receive a message stating that you have logged in. You will also see a pop-up from Blue Socket that allows you to log out.
- You will then be directed to downtown-burbank.org